To book by phone please call Newmarket on 0121 647 4211 quoting BPM
This superb classic tour of Northern Indian features the three great cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, as well as Ranthambhore Park. Once the hunting ground of Indian princes, this park stands atop a hill range of grasslands, streams, lakes and old ruins. It is the home of the Tigers of Ranthambhore and is where we will spend a full day on safari,
In Delhi, the ancient and the modern worlds collide, with the grandeur of the colonial Raj in the city's centre literally sandwiched between the pat, of Old Delhi to the north, and the future - fast-growing south Delhi. All over the teeming, colourful, enthralling metropolis are reminders, in the shape of great monuments, of the six great cities that predated the present Indian capital.
Agra is the 'City of Love', its greatest treasure the world-renowned Taj Mahal, one of the planet's most recognisable landmarks. Other highlights include the UNESCO-listed Agra Fort, the oinion-domed Jama Masjid mosque and the neary tomb of Akbar the Great at Sikandra.
The deserted Moghul city of Fatehpur Sikri, its great buildings and monuments immaculately preserved, lies between Agra and Jaipur, the fabled 'Pink City', with its 'Palace of the Winds', its colourful bazaara and famous Amber Fort, the latter reached atop an elephant's back.
This is a perfect introduction to one of the world's most fascinating, most alluring and most exotic destinations.
Included in the price:
- Return flights from Birmingham,London Heathrow or Manchester Airport
- Eight nights half board accommodation, staying 2 nights in Dehli, 2 nights in Jaipur, 2 nights in Ranthambhore, 1 night in Geejgarh and 1 night in Agra, staying in good quality hotels, staying in a twin bedded room with private facilities on a half board basis plus four lunches included
- City tour Delhi
- Guided city tour of Jaipur
- Elephant or jeep ride up to the Amber Fort
- Journey to Ramtambhore National Park
- Two safaris at Ramthambhore National Park
- Visit to Abhaneri
- Lodge accommodation on night seven in Geejgarh with cookery demonstration
- City tour of Agra
- Visit to the Taj Mahal
- One suitcase allowance per person
- The services of a Tour Manager
Single Room Supplement £440
Ranthambhore Fort £12 per person
Taj Mahal at Sunrise £19 per person
Flights from Birmingham operate via Dubai, with Emirates
- Birmingham Airport
Newmarket Air Holidays
ABTA REF: V7812
ATOL REF: 2325