Join us for an unforgettable journey through America's musical heartland from the cradle of the blues and Dixieland jazz, the birthplace of the 'King' and the Tennessee city in which he made his home, to the undisputed capital of Country Music!
Beginning in Georgia, and then sweeping through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Tennessee, you'll discover the world of WC Handy, Robert Johnson, 'Fats' Domino, Chuck Berry, Hank Williams, Pasty Cline, Dolly Parton and, of course, Elvis Presley. You'll visit New Orleans - the 'Big Easy' with its fabled French Quarter, soak up the atmosphere of thriving Memphis, site of legendary Sun Studio, Elvis' fabled home Graceland and famous Beale Street, and after a visit to Tupelo, where the 'King' was born in 1935, spend two nights in the Music City of Nashville, home to the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Against a background that stretches from the flat Mississippi Delta and swampland, through cotton fields to the wooded hills of Tennessee, and infused with the 'smell of the South', this will be a holiday to savour for not just music lovers.
Included in the price:
- Return fligths from London Heathrow
- Return transfers from airport to hotel
- Seven nights room only accommodation, staying 1 night at the 3* America's Best Inn Hotel, Montgomery, 2 nights at the 3* New Orleans, 2 nights at the 4* Crown Plaza Hotel, Memphis and 2 nights at the 3* Holiday Inn Vanderbilt, Nashville, staying in twin bedded rooms with private facilities
- Free time in New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville
- Visits to Tupelo and Chattanooga
- Goverment taxes and service charges
- Services of a tour manager
Optional Excursions: Studio B & the Country Music Hall of Fame (half day) £20pp, Memphis: Graceland & Sounds of the South (full day) £42 per person, New Orleans by night with dinner £49pp & Bayou & Alligators Tour (half day) £23pp
Connecting flights are available to London Heathrow from the following airports, for a supplement of £150 per person: Aberdeen, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle.
Single Room Supplement £255
- Belfast International
- Edinburgh Airport
- Glasgow Airport
- London Heathrow Airport
- Newcastle Airport
Newmarket Air Holidays
ABTA REF: V7812
ATOL REF: 2325