A remarkable journey which takes us through America's southern musical heartland. See New Orelans, the cradle of the blues and Dixieland jazz; Memphis, birthplace of the 'King', Elvis Presley and Nashville, the undisputed capital of Country Music! Culmination of the trip is a relaxing, fabulous six-day cruise across the Gulf of Mexico to the sun-blessed resorts of Progreso, Yucatan and Cozumel.
Beginning in Tennessee-namely Chattanooga, Nashville and Memphis - discover the world of WC Handy, 'Fats' Domino, Chick Berry, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton and, of course Elvis Presley. Soak up the atmosphere before we turn south, visiting Tupelo, where the 'King' was born 1935, then following timeles Old Man River, the mighty Mississippi, to New Orleans - the 'Big Easy' - with its fabled French Quarter.
After all that sightseeing and foot tappin, what better way to round off your stay in the easy going South than a leisurely cruise with all meals included. Relax aboard Carnival Fantasy with her host bars, restaurants, pool, spa, adult-only retreats and comfortable cabins as we cruise towards Mexico!
Included in the price:
- Return flight from London Heathrow
- Return transfers from airport to hotel
- Seven nights room only accommodation staying in Chattanooga, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans and Mobile, in downtown hotels, staying in twin bedded rooms with private facilities
- Free time in Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans and Mobile to make the most of these great cities
- Five night full board cruise with Carnival Cruises, sharing a twin inside cabin with private facilities
- Government taxes
- Services of a tour manager
Single Room/inside cabin Supplement £680
Single Room/outside cabin Supplement £735
New Orleans by night with Jazz £34pp
Memphis: Graceland and Sounds of the South £42
Studio B and the Country Music Hall of Fame £23
Bayou & Alligators Tour £23
- London Heathrow Airport
Newmarket Air Holidays
ABTA REF: V7812
ATOL REF: 2325