The blue-blood streets of Boston, the stunning hues of the forested states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, as well as a stay on Cape Cod make for a classic New England collection. A highlight is sure to be the included whale-watch cruise, when you're almost certain to see humpback and Minke whales, dolphins and bluefin tuna in their natural habitat.
The tour begins in Boston, Cradle of the Revolution and the most European of American cities, before hading then into rural Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, a land of lakes, pretty villages of white clapboard houses and church steeples, and where on fall tours, the carpet of trees blazes red, purple and orange in a magnificent foliage display, offset against the deep blue sky.
Stay a few days at wonderful Basin Harbour, Vermont, before driving throught the Green Mountains and on to Rhode Islands, the smallest State in the Union, home to the America's Cup, and former summer residence of some of the country's wealthiest families.
You'll end the tour with a visit to Cape Cod's protected National Seashore, favoured retreat of the Kennedys, setting out from here on a memorable 'whale watch' cruise, and also enjoying a fascinating visit to Pilmouth Plantation, an outdoor living museum where the days of the Pilgrim Father settlement are faithfully re-enacted.
Included in the price:
- Return flights from London Heathrow Airport to Boston
- Eight nights room only accommodation, 2 nights in Boston, 1 night in Bethel, 2 nights in Vergennes, 1 night in Leominster and 2 nights in Providence, staying in good quality hotels, staying in a twin bedded room with private facilities
- A full day free to explore Boston
- Visit to Portsmouth, New Hampshire and Kennebunkport, Maine
- Full day tour to Cape Cod
- En route stop in Newport, Rhode Island
- Visit to Plymouth
- Government taxes
- Services of a tour manager
Single Room Supplement £412
Boston City Tour £22
Newport Mansion Visit £7
- London Heathrow Airport
Newmarket Air Holidays
ABTA REF: V7812
ATOL REF: 2325